Thursday, June 4, 2015

Turbulent times.. Terrible minds..

I reason with myself why I must go through this,
To learn a lesson must be it.

Hearts asunk and refuses to calm,
Need any consoling whatsoever that proves a soothing balm.

Time and again the hurt deepens the gash,
You question the future, will you live like this forever, of times over and over, of hopes that perennially crash?

I yearn for open blue skies, with not a trace of fear,
where I can run on the field, and brush the leaves, see my shelter welcoming and near.

Should I go jog and feel the freedom, albeit temporary?
Does not calm my disquiet heart, which is looking for abandon aplenty.

Let me loose, for a day I plead,
So I can heal my heart, and reach some peace.

Can it be normal, as normal is enough to make me Happy,
Want to jump in joy and enjoy this normalcy. 

Feel wretched at the choices I made, that have landed me here,
They teach you things they say, calm down my dear..

I want the innocence of childhood that I still preserve,
To live the miracle, that I trudge along with hopes of attaining, that I know I deserve.

- Sneha Maselkar

5 comments:

Nimish said...

This seems to have poured out from the deepest cavern of your heart. Your recent experience at Igatpuri seems to have inspired you to do some soul- searching.

About the article, I would like to say something- What is normalcy? How do you define it?
Normalcy is the one of those things which are "to each his own". An avid hiker might find grueling, physically draining hikes normal; a bodybuilder might find the pain of sore muscles normal;an avid computer programmer might find the otherwise boring "staring at the screen" normal, perhaps even fun; and finally- a certain bully I know might find a day of unsullied leisure and calm, normal.

You writing is excellent and it is always a refreshing and philosophical experience, to read your posts.

Cheers, Sneha!

Chef Salil said...

Every line of yours might relate to an Incident in your life it looks like.
But I don't think there is a more beffiting way of describing it than making people imagine what you feel and what your thoughts are. Through rhyming poetry and phrases mentioned with precision.

Brilliant Stuff Sneha.

Unknown said...

Well written !

B@dshah said...

lovely!

Zneha said...

Thanks Vivek, what a pleasant surprise to see your comment!